I wanderlust of: Kiev, Ukraine

It was last year when I started taking interest in reading about the situation in Ukraine, and don't get me wrong I am not liking the political unrest and spillover of violence, but somehow it has got me wanderlusting. I saw this one photo of a dude being the only passenger in a plane to Kiev. So, I am sinister, it made me laugh but Kiev started looking more attractive in my eyes. 
Kiev is one of the oldest cities in Eastern Europe with undoubtedly remarkable Soviet architecture, yes? It adds to the cold, dark, mysteriousness of the city, I feel it would be easy to imagine yourself going back in time walking and weaving through streets of the city to a Viennese kaffehouse... and to a coffee lover the best pull would be cafes that offer variations of alcoholic coffee.
Perhaps with a mug of poisoned joe places I would wander to:
  • Independence Square - curious to see the remnants of events from earlier this year in February
  • Big Mama - stand under the statue and feel like an ant and make my way to the underground museum
  • Black Sea, Odessa/ Crimea - can never get away from the waters! Feel like a water warrior at the "Castle of Love" the Swallow's nest
  • Lviv - a quick transport to feel as if in Prague
Current Tuneage: Don't you worry child - Postmodern Jukebox
**J'adore Postmodern Jukebox! Don't you?

Comments

Popular Posts